1. Dance means the world to me. It has been my personal savior to become the person I am today.
2. I really didn’t start dancing until sophomore year in college. I always wanted to learn and did a few showcases in high school, but never thought of actually pursuing it in my future.
3. Besides my friends, I truly believe the music is what drives and re lights the fire within. With so many genres of different types of music, there is always a type of song to express your own true style of dancing.
4. Besides gaining all my weight that I lost in the summer, it can be one of the things i can truly say i love.
5. Everyone. No matter how famous or not, old or young, good or not, male or female, heterosexual or homosexual, we are just all dancers…nothing more of just people who love to dance.
6. Every single moment that I share the stage with my dance team Barkada Modern, is something that I cherish each and everyday of my life.
7. Some achievements that I am proud of is being able to look surpass all the haters and people who try to push you down and being able to get back on the ground. In life, there are always going to be people who tends to judge what they see, but they can never judge what you feel. Being in a dance team who they became my family, is one of the best accomplishments I have ever felt.
8. To being able to look surpass what I truly believe was so far from becoming reality, but just breathe and willing to take risk is what needs to happen. Ourselves are our harshest critic and if we dont start believe in ourselves…others will start to follow. Make it happen, never loose faith, and never do anything but just you. No one can take what you have inside, but it time for you to take what you know and express it the outside. Life has its own time and every chance you get, grab it and own it. Stay humble and hungry and never stay content.
1. dance means.. easy. not that dancing is technically easy but that it was something easy. it’s an easy getaway from my problems.
2. I started dancing my 8th grade year
3. I started dancing because of the jabbawockeez. I’d watched and sessioned with them for a few months because my friends were their friends and I guess they inspired me.
4. Joy is what keeps me dancing today. so many things come out of dancing. whether it be meeting people, gaining experience, competing, or doing whatever.
5. brandon greathouse is definitely one of my biggest inspirations. he was my dance teacher when i first started out. he saw me at my beginning and 4 years later he’s still here, checking up on me.
6. most re-memorable? definitely the feeling i get right after the prayer and big speech with the team before i perform. it’s unexplainable but it’s touching to where i’m just so pumped.
7. once, natural vibes taught a girl piece. the piece was supposed to have a fierce attitude. after run throughs one of my directors called a friend and i up to do the piece. he said, “i picked these two because they really portrayed the character. they have that sexy, fierce attitude and that’s what you guys need.” i’m not sure why that that is so special to me but it just is because.. idk i stood out
The Boogiezone Family Reunion was a huge success. Such an amazing show filled with many talented dancers and outstanding directors. It truly did bring many crews together to show their passion for dance and that it is also about having fun and not just the competing aspect! Many dancers from San Diego, Los Angeles, and San Francisco areas all came together for this show.
If you went to the show reply to this post and let me know what was your favorite part or put it in my ask box!?
Boogiezone Family Reunion is tomorrow, check the links for more info:
Hope you all can make it, and if you are going I hope to see you guys there!
Boogiezone Beyond presents “The Boogiezone Family Reunion” - not just a typical dance community showcase, it’s a community celebration! We invite our long time supporters, friends, and extended family to the first annual event this Saturday November 12, 2011 coming to the beautiful 750 seat Irvine Barclay Theater. The show will feature the collective works of each of Boogiezone’s very own physical extensions; Breed – Adult Exhibition Dance Company, Offspring – Jr. Exhibition Dance Company, Entity – Ultra Contemporary Dance Company, Boogiezone Forevers (Company Alumni). In the spirit of creative collaboration we will also highlight Hip Hop and Contemporary dance performances by several popular, local and international dance “families!” Just as a Family Reunion would suggest, this show will offer the most diverse representation of our dance community on stage ever! The end result being a labor of community love!
LINE-UP (Subject to Change)
Community Opener - Directed by Beau Fournier Featuring Mischief Makers, GRV, IVL and more!
Culture Shock Los Angeles Family
The Ground Family
Team Millennia Family
Kaba Modern Family
Pac Modern Family
Bay Area Collective
San Diego Dance Community
Skool District - Norcal and Socal
Monsters Cast Reunion
Dream Dance Studio Family - Vancouver B.C.
Breed - Professional Exhibition Dance Company
Offspring - Jr. Exhibition Dance Company
Entity - Ultra Contemporary Dance Company
Irvine Barclay Theater
4242 Campus Drive
Irvine, CA 92612
November 12, 2011
Doors Open: 7:00pm
Show: 7:30pm to 10:30pm
$15.00 Pre-Sale ($14.00 + $1.00 Service Charge)
$20.00 At the Door
1. You can buy your tickets at any Boogiezone Community Class [Jayvee Dance Center on Monday’s, Focus Dance Center on Tuesday and Wednesday’s, and Hype Studios on Thursdays].
2. Any Boogiezone Dance Company Family Member [Breed, Offspring, Entity, Forever, POGS]
3. Online Purchasing:
4. Barclay Theater Box Office ($20 At the Door)