I know I normally do not do this, but I curious to know. What does dance mean to you? Why do you like dance? What is it about dance that you love? Is it the competition aspect? Or is it the thrill of performing? Please, I would love to hear all of your responses. Leave an answer here, or in my inbox and I will gladly look at each answer and respond back. So I ask you guys again, what does dance mean to you?
1. What does dance mean to you? A tool used to influence the world for a “greater good.” Greater goods such as: self-expression, communication and education. Through positive self-expression, communication and education we can save the lives of many.
2. When did you start dancing and what got you to start dancing? I started dancing when I was a child. My mother was my first dance instructor. Both my parents were performers in a Broadway style production.
3. What keeps you inspired/motivated to keep dancing? My: wife, students, family and friends inspire me the most. Of course my passion for living a healthy life, being an educator and other educators motivate me to keeps dancing.
4. Are there any people that have/are inspired/inspiration to you? I’m lucky to have married a woman that has the same positive views on life and passion for dance. We remind ourselves to always be humble students and positive role models.
I would also have to credit Kevin Brewer (Founder of the Jabbawockeez) for being a huge inspiration on me. We shared many one-on-one talks, he directed me though my beginning years of Hip Hop. And because of this, I’ve grown into a strong dancer, and a man that walks with god.
5. What is one rememorable moment in dance for you? Being the teacher that inspired a group of 3rd generation homeless kids, to use dance as a positive outlet.
6. Can you name some achievements in dance that you are proud of? I’ve used dance to: travel across the world, pay bills, give jobs to others and tell people they are a crucial element in their community. I’ve also achieved many moments of (drug free) ecstasy during contract improvisation with my wife.
7. Are there any current projects or events that you are working on? I’m currently a co-owner of: a dance company and casting agency under the name of Kruciaal Element.
With this dance company and casting agency I’m: enriching the lives of others and sending performers (Dancers, Singers, DJs, MCs, Models and Actors) from all over the world to China for 3-6 month paid gigs. (This will be an on going agenda for me.)
8. What do you see yourself doing with dance in the future? Freeing myself from all debt. Teaching my students how to live a better life. And continue performing on stage with other amazing talent.
10. Do you have any words of wisdom for those who are getting into dance, the youth and to anyone else in the dance community?
Find out what you are passionate about and share it.
We all are born with gifts, but it’s only a gift when you share it.
You are so important to our communities. You have to remember, you are a crucial element. Without you here, we’re all affected by your absence in a negative way.
I would like to hear some of your answers! Maybe I will post my answer for you guys!